A message from Ioannis Gklavas Managing Director Updated: 29/05/2020
Due to the latest developments from the virus Covid-19, we would like to express our sadness for this situation. First priority for all the people around the world is good health. It is important to follow the instructions of the experts during this time period in order to help the vulnerable groups.Please rest assured that we are monitoring the situation very carefully and will be basing our advice on that provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth office, and local authorities.
We really make an effort to answer your messages or to modify your reservations at the moment. We do appreciate your patience with us.
Due to the latest notifications for the covid-19 , we take all the appropriate measures to protect our guests and the staff. At the moment, the staff are trained on the new operating rules. We are equipped with UV lights to disinfect the rooms after the check out of our guests. We are monitoring carefully all the new rules of the Foreign and Commonwealth office and local authorities.
Due to the latest notifications, we take the following measures to protect our guests and staff :
- All the staff members are special educated to ensure all health and safety measures set forth by government mandates are implemented.
- Temperature checks will be required of all employees, vendor and contractor as they arrive at the hotel.
- We provide each member of the staff with adequate personal protection measures.
- Τhere is now special equipment (medical kit) in case of an incident.
- At the reception there will be antiseptic available for use by the guests.
- In accordance with Physical Distancing regulations , signs are set in the front desk areas. Snack-bar and pool areas have been re-designed to reflect the appropriate distancing.
- Disinfection of the key cards.
- Sanitary services in all public areas and in particular in high risk items.
- Room cleaning with steam cleaner.
- Collaboration with a doctor specialized on COVID-19.
- We keep a file with the number of the stuff and the guest details that they will be accommodated at the hotel (name, passport or ID number, nationality, check in date, check out day, telephone number, e-mail, address).
Information for the guests:
- New check out time 11.00 and check in 15.00
- Before your arrival you will receive a form to feel with your details (name, passport number, phone number, country, nationality) so during your arrival you will just have to take the room key.
- Before your arrival you will receive an email with all the information that you need to know for your staying.
- There will be no daily change of sheets and towels and cleaning services will not be regular during the stay in the room.
- A safe distance (between 1m and 2m) must be maintained between guests and hotel staff and between each guest.
- Wash both hands regularly with soap and water.
- Follow and respect the floor markings specifically designed to avoid coming into contact with other guests.
- Refrain from touching the reception desk and other communal parts of the hotel.
- If you feel unwell during your stay: please contact reception from your room for advice on what to do next.
- Inform us by email for your special wishes about breakfast (gluten free menu, allergies etc).
Booked a flexible rate directly with Ionian Aura?
Guests who booked flexible rates can cancel or modify their reservations without penalties on www.ionianaura.gr or by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will modify your reservation.
Booked a non-refundable rate directly with Ionian Aura and need to modify? Guests who booked a non-refundable rate directly with Ionian Aura for travel through June 30, 2020 may Modify their reservation without any modification fees (subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) by sending an e-mail at email@example.com
Key information for Guests:
- Our team at the hotel is ready to open, as soon as we are permitted to do so.
- The Greek government has begun the easing of lockdown measures beginning Monday the 4th May. Restaurants and cafes and beach clubs are in the process of re-opening with strict public health guidelines.
- All of our accommodation providers are expecting to open their properties by the middle of June.
- The current situation is moving extremely quickly, we appreciate your patience whilst we work through the options.
- Covid-19 useful advice for passengers from zakynthos airport.Read more
- The Greek government has restricted international flights to Greece, and a number of flight companies have introduced a rolling cancellation policy. The government is expecting that these flights would resume at the end of June.
- Please do ensure you have the very best comprehensive travel insurance you can arrange
I will be updating this page regularly to reflect the current situation, and as more advice becomes available.
Sincerely, Gklavas Ioannis – Managing Director